Friday, October 6

Getting Down to the Knitty Gritty

So one of my tactics for reducing boredom since the big move to Austin was joinig a knitting group. I found it on MeetUp.com which I recommend visiting if you're planning to move somewhere new. They've got all sorts of groups and there's no pressure to attend every meeting. We meet everyone other week at Central Market in the cafe. It's so relaxing. Everyone just sits around the table, knits and chats about life. And the bonus....if you're having problems with your current project there are many eager women waiting to help you.

However, since my first meeting I've become quite obsessed with knitting. I am constantly looking online at knitting sites, reading knitting blogs and planning many many future projects. Plus I'm trying to figure out what perfect knitted gift I can give everyone for Christmas this year.

I've already finished a whole bunch of projects since I got to Austin in June. I've knitted 2 scarfs and a blanket. I'm not working on a couple different Christmas presents and will hopefully be starting a couple more. I'll attach some photos of my most recent projects of which I am extremely proud.





This is what I do every night now. I teach myself new stiches. I've just learned to read patterns. I'm making progress. Hopefully I'll eventually be able to teach myself how to knit socks. For now, I'm sticking to the regular kniting needles with the occasional use of some circulars. Everything else is just overwhelming right now. To Knitting!

No comments: