Friday, October 6

Shifting into a Positive Light

So I haven't written in a month. I guess my only excuse is that I've been busy trying to figure out my life. Yep that's right, I'm taking on the biggest challenge of life. And I think I may have actually figured it out. Well at least for the time being.

Last week and finally decided to commit to the idea of going to culinary school. I have always thought about it and at long last have actually decided to do something about it. I applied to the Texas Culinary Academy here in Austin for the Patisserie and Baking Program. I am unofficially starting on February 19th! (Unofficially only because I haven't officially been accepted. If my high school would move out of the dark ages and figure out a way to disperse transcripts without a written notice and a $1.50 that would definintely help.)

The program lasts 12 months, 9 months of hands-on classes and then 3 months for an internship. The classes sound awesome starting with your basic breads and then eventually moving into cake decorating. That's right, starting making reservations now if you want my to make your wedding cake...haha. As for the internship, I'd love to work on a cruise ship. That would definitely be an adventure I'd like to have. So basically expect lots of yummy tasting things from me in the future.

My life has also been looking up since my sister arrived about a month ago. I finally have someone to talk to and to share things with. It's a pleasant change to say the least. We've been trying to explore Austin little by little each weekend, of course when you have to deal with TV on DVD distractions it's quite difficult to explore...haha.

I'm very happy now that I've taken the next step in my life. I'm finally moving towards a goal again and towards a new life!

No comments: